Monday 14 April 2008

Funny how...


Five years ago, as I was still in the Netherlands I got a huge crush on BLIJ. ('happy' in dutch, pronounce 'blay').
And the rest of the delicious VTwonen collection from Flexa. My addiction was so severe it drove me to buy sample tubes of EVERY shade to paint small objects.


Not long ago, totally by chance, I bumped into this dress and have adopted it at once:



With a t-shirt underneath or not, with jeans, easy to dress down or up.
I instantly fell in love with the red and the slighly pink grey.
As you can see on the picture, I had the perfect necklace to wear it with and was quite 'BLIJ' showing off for several days in a row (hence the much needed ironing). Everything was perfect.

Until, I found back this:


a simple bracelet homemade back in the NL and directly inspired by Blij and Oester from Vtwonen, completely forgotten about and not worn since.
Pinkish grey and orangy red: the picture makes it hard to see but it's the exact same colours as my dress....
Destiny had pulled it back from under piles of things in my closet as I was rummaging there yesterday, looking for something else. I am compelled to wear it.

I know I tend to be talkative but this time, I'm still speechless.
Call it chance, good timing or retinal persistence in my brain if you want... I call it LOVE.



2 comments:

on your bike sunshine: Béa & Réré said...

You are a nutcase aren't you?
A sample pot of every single shade!! How funny!
Love the dress and bracelet.
Reg

on your bike sunshine: Béa & Réré said...

busted!
Bea