Wednesday 4 November 2009

Monomaniac?

Before starting this blog, Réré and I agreed we were not to keen on in sharing things about our private lives.
But it is no news I change easily of opinion and HAVE to post here something which I would best describe as my out of this world experience of this afternoon.
And it is also no news I have got a thing for Anthropologie, and their stores decor.
And it is also no news (too) to anyone who has ever visited Houston, urban planning is not the city's forte.
So picture myself WALKING, yes, walking, not driving down the modern architectural streets of the new upper town and country area and entering the new Anthropologie store...
For a moment, I struggled to refrain from telling the employees they had to give me political asilum...but they would have most likely only got the 'asilum' part of the sentence....
I mean, apart from two blocks in midtown, in Houston, a street means a road, pedestrians are an optical illusion and cyclists an endangered species
...ah, nice buidings, with architectural tropical plants, shops and restaurants, people idly strolling in the sun....just add an Obama sticker somewhere, a gallery or two and you'd believe this is California...(keep dreaming girl)
Anyway, the store if filled with arsty displays (not even for sale, just for you to enjoy the experience) which are truly inspiring.
That is if you like girly shabby chic (ouch, I hate this fourre-tout term), bobo+fairytale+folkore crafty style.

And do believe I do NOT have any commercial agreement with the citycenterhouston developers nor Anthropologie, much to my regret.
It was worth giving a shout-out for once that something newly built meets my architechtural taste!!!


To make a long story short : I still consider asking Anthropologie for political asilum and am ready to hear any agreement from them :-)
I can be very easily bribed with clothes.

No comments: